Job Title: Engineering, Senior Estimator
Job Opening: 100001
Salary Range: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 Estimated
About Enlyn Process Systems
We are an Oil and Gas Equipment manufacturer/supplier servicing a domestic and international client base from Red Deer, Alberta. Enlyn Process Systems is dedicated to our clients at home and abroad to manufacture, source, refurbish/retrofit equipment to meet our customerís needs and specifications. It takes diverse talent, skills, motivation, and a unique perspective to be part of the Enlyn team. We are always looking for exceptional professionals to join our team.
- Competitive compensation
- Contractor friendly
- Room for advancement
- Team atmosphere
- Flex work schedules
- Paid holidays, personal time and vacation
- Extended Healthcare Plan with Spending Account
- Short and Long Term disability
- Training opportunities
- Education reimbursement on approved skills development
- Exceptional employee retention
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full quotations based on conceptual, design-build or general tender work.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Recommend/reject proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Study and analyze proposals received.
- Present estimates and conduct review meetings with clients.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Determine material, equipment, labour requirements, sequence of operations, projected timelines and prepare a detailed proposal
- Prepare cost summaries that include costs of subcontracts, overhead, taxes, insurance, markup and anything that might affect the cost of a project including indirect and distributable costs
- Work with purchasing department to develop purchasing strategies and lock in pricing with vendors
- Prepare documents and agreements for subcontractors
- Develop and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Maintain a database of material and equipment costs and labour productivity data from completed projects for future reference
- Consult with engineers, owners, contractors and subcontractors
- Transfer successful quotes to project management. Assist in the project start up. Liaison contract conditions and project time lines as they change.
- Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Effectively determine bid strategies required for the company to be successful.
- Provide technical assistance as required in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc.
- Establish unit costs, labour rates and productivity factors
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Bachelorís Degree or Diploma in an Engineering discipline, Technology Diploma or Equivalent
- AACE and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications
- Ability to read and interpret client supplied RFQ specifications, PFDís and PIDís
- In-depth working knowledge of the following codes;
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- ASME B31.5 Refrigeration Piping
- ASME Section VIII Division I
- CSA B51
- CWB Structural Codes
- Knowledge of oil and gas process equipment, instrumentation and electrical practices.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to create material and labour estimates and interpret job cost reports.
- Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects effectively.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to accommodate shifting priorities
- Minimum of 10 years experience in cost estimation and process equipment design.
- Experience within an EPC or fabrication environment
- Experience with RFQ process
How to apply
Email or fax resumes with job opportunity number.
ATTN: Enlyn Human Resources Director